Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Life Is Meant To Be A Success And You Are To Attract And Manifest What You Want
- Both Games Had A Grand Slam
- In The Eighth Inning
- Hit By A Fellow Name David
- Against The Team I Was Rooting For
Monday, August 11, 2014
If you spend your divorce fighting so intensely...you may get through it, but the scars will be with you forever
Thursday, August 7, 2014
Everyone Wants A GoPro Camera and Everyone Will Pay Full Price!
Here was my actual ad from Craigslist. Thank you for dealing with the curious backdrop which is a result of the copy-paste job.
Life's Adventures Are Meant To Last Forever
Capture Them With One Of The Best Cameras On The Market!
(NEW In Box)
For a limited time you can own a BRAND NEW GoPro Hero3+: Silver Edition for the price of a lightly used GoPro Hero3: Silver Edition. This camera is priced to sell. Call Now!!!
Whether you are an outdoor enthusiast, new parent, like to catch life's finest moments in the best way possible, etc this camera can help you capture these moments and then some. Item is BRAND NEW, wrapped in box and comes with tripod.
Here are some other features that you will benefit from with your new GoPro HERO3+ : Silver Edition:
* 15% smaller and lighter housing (waterproof to 131'/40m)
* 2x faster image processor enables 1080p60 and 720p120 fps video
* Enhanced low-light performance
* 30% longer battery life
* Professional 1080p 30 fps, 960p 48 fps, and 720p 60 fps and WVGA 240 fps video capture
* 11MP photo capture with 10 frames per second burst
* Wi-Fi built-in, and compatible with Wi-Fi remote (sold separately) and GoPro App (free)
* 197-Feet / 60m Waterproof Housing
* Basic mounts and hardware included for attaching to helmets, gear, and more
This camera can be purchased for approximately at retail for $299 (+ Tax + Shipping where applicable) or you can get it today for $280 obo. Act Now....... Your Permanent Adventures Awaits.....Priced To Sell
There were plenty of responses to my advert. There was a lot of interest. There were some folks that were actually looking for a different edition of the GoPro, some folks that didn't want to drive to my general area of town to meet and pick up the camera and a large number people that couldn't afford or wanted to pay the fair price for the camera. Eventually the perfect buyer came to me and purchased the camera for full asking price.
Of all the dealings there was one person texting from a California code that really stuck out, we will call this person Cali going forward. There were some things that I did like about the interaction and other things that I didn't like especially the subtle negotiation faux pas that were exhibited by Cali, the potential buyer. Here is the actual text interaction which starts after I informed the Cali that the camera was still available for sale::
What The Potential Buyer Did Well
- At 0914am Cali opened the negotiation off with a $200 offer. This is a positive because in a negotiation one always wants to ask for more than one expects to get just because you might.
- At 0101pm Cali created a sense of urgency by saying that they were only going to be available for about an hour. This is a positive because when dealing with a desperate buyer that really needs the money this one piece of information could have been just what causes the seller to accept an offer.
What The Potential Buyer Could Have Done Better
- At 0914am Cali started our interaction with a low ball offer of $200. The reason that this was a low ball offer was because of the value of the item which could have been quickly researched online prior to the interaction. This is a potential negative in a negotiation because one must not put themselves in a position where they insult the potential buyer because if the buyer has something that you really want they may walk away.
- At 0101pm Cali told me that they were leaving AZ in an hour. This is a potential negative because the value of the item was clearly spelled out at 0917am meaning that trying to narrow down the negotiation by creating a sense of scarcity on Cali's part probably wasn't going to work here unless there was a full price offer or better on the table.
- At 0101pm Cali told me that they could pay no more than 250 cash. This is a potential negative because the other party in a negotiation doesn't care about how you can't pay a fair price for an item because a business negotiation is usually not about charity it's about creating win-win. If Cali only had $250 budgeted to purchase a camera then they should have been looking for a camera in a difference price point.
- At 0101pm Cali also implied that they wanted to look at the camera to see if it works. Hmmmmm, interesting. Obviously Cali missed the part about the camera being brand new in it's original housing. Granted a new item may not be fully functional 100% of the time but that is a risk that you take when you buy an item for $20 under the asking price. Making outrageous demands in a negotiation is a potential negative because you can alienate the buyer especially if they have other options or are not in a hurry.
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
How To Cut Through Parental Alienation Like A Chainsaw Through A Shark Storm*
The reason that I wept in public was because that was the day that my twin daughters turned three and I was legally unable to see them because of an Order of Protection my then wife had placed on me while we were separated. The order prevented me from coming within a certain radius of her which is why I just decided to go out of town. I fruitlessly attempted to reach out to a few of her relatives asking them to send me photographs of my daughters or even have them telephone me to at least sing them
Happy Birthday". Long story to short I didn't hear from my girls for at least three weeks after their birthday and never heard back from any of their mother's relatives.
- Don't Always Assume That The Opposing Parent Is Attempting To Alienate Your Child(ren) Regardless of Past History: Yes, I know that my daughter's mother was trying to push the girls away from me by making it illegal for me to attend their third birthday party as she confessed under oath in divorce court. However, I wasn't sure that this is what she was doing for their first day of kindergarten. It may have been what she was doing but I didn't know that. Negative assumptions have a way of just causing worthless anger which could lead to a bad toxic environment. Now I could have gotten super upset about Sunday night's text and sent a really angry, vile hateful written message via e-mail or text giving her a piece of my mind. Or I could have showed up to the school before the first day and bawled by ex out in front of my children and all other kids, parents and teachers and negatively affect EVERYONEs day, not just my daughters. In summary, just focus on controlling yourself and your relationship with your child(ren) because there is nothing that you can do to change or control the behaviour of the opposing parent whether or not they are exhibiting alienating actions.
- Focus Only On What You Can Do And Take The High Road: The first time someone told me about the "high road" concept I thought that they had fallen off their rocker mainly because I used to act as an emotional linebacker who was highly proficient of traveling the low road. So much so that I prided myself in acting in this manner and re-telling tales in a braggadocios fashion to whoever wanted to or I thought was listening. In a nutshell when you act from the high road you do what is best for the situation and you focus on yourself and what you can control. I could have just not shown up for my daughter's first day of kindergarten and then proceed to tell my children that I wasn't there because their mom wouldn't let me go or that I tried to call but since their mother didn't answer I didn't know where to go so I just didn't go. In summary; focus on what's important and what you can do. Excluding some extreme situations, which unfortunately do exist to a degree, you do not need the alienating\opposing parent's permission to be a good parent for your child.
Thursday, July 24, 2014
....Okay, Maybe Not That Awesome But Keep Reading
- Life Sucks
- My Life Sucks
- I'm\We're Great and You're Not
- We're Great and Life Is Great : Everything Is Awesome
Including those people you sometimes wish were not who they now are."
Friday, July 18, 2014
What Do You Feel Obligated To Do?
Friday, July 11, 2014
A Phenomenal Paradigm Shift That All But Guarantees Increased Happiness
When I was in my late teens I read Steven Covey's wonderful best seller The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People for the first time. The book has been read several times since and every time I peruse its contents I derive something different from the words on the pages. One thing that really stuck out during the first reading of the book was regarding paradigms and paradigm shifts.
Monday, July 7, 2014
The Secret Behind The Secret As I See It Is:
The universe will bring you what you wish for using the path of least resistance or the easiest way possible. So keep all thoughts above the boards.
BONUS SECRET: If you want to emerge where you currently are in life you have to be grateful and appreciative of where you currently are or else you will never raise above current circumstances.
Here is to a great remainder of your month.
Until we read again,
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Divorce is an interesting thing. You are now mortal enemies with someone you loved dearly (in some cases). It's even more different if there are children involved. All of a sudden your children who you were able to see anytime you weren't busy are only available to hang out certain times of the month.
If you, like me, miss your kids like nothing you have ever experienced when they are not with you what do you do? You could ask the opposing parent for additional parenting time but if your situation is anything like mine you would have a better chance growing taller overnight.
So what do you do? You can ask for more parenting time through the courts and you may or may not get it but what do you do during the interim? Thought you would never ask....
This is what I've done. My twin daughters are turning six this year and since they turned three I opened an email account for them and I'll write them periodic messages. This is a way to feel an emotional connection with your children by writing them now in a perceived future. Make sure you remember the e-mail password and above all else keep it classy. Divorce is between you and your ex and should have nothing to do with your children. This email journaling should just be all about you and your child's relationship.
Until we read again,
The Road To __________ Is Paved With Intentions
Who doesn't love a little water cooler chatter? This past Tuesday I overheard two of my colleagues wishing one another a good third quarter. One of the two was proudly professing how he had a great third quarter in 2013 and that was just a fluke and how this year was going to be terrible.
Fast forward to yesterday. I was talking to a fellow before a meeting about how his name was in a raffle to win an all expenses paid trip for two to an awesome destination. The guy proceeded to tell me how he never wins anything so he's not going to hold his breath. I sincerely and directly told him something along the lines of how his luck is going to change and told him that I would send him some positive winning vibes.
About an hour later my pal ran up to me with the biggest most sincere smile on his face carrying a large novelty ticket. "I Won, I Won" he exclaimed. We shared a celebratory moment before proceeding with our day.
Moral of the story is I'm not saying that we can predict the future all I'm saying is that if our intentions may shape our destination why not wish for what we want versus what we don't want? Try it, you might like it.
Until we read again,
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Monday, June 30, 2014
Do You Wanna Read A Dad Blog?
Sunday, June 29, 2014
Friday, June 27, 2014
Thursday, June 26, 2014
SOMETIMES A LOSS IS A WIN
- We advance to the next round of the World Cup playing Belgium on Tuesday
- We almost scored at the end of the game, which gives us some confidence as a team
- We played a very good Germany team pretty well also giving us confidence
- Germany is so good that they exposed some of our weaknesses which will only help us get better in the long run
- Stay Tuned For My First Book Coming In Late 2014
- Sometimes A Loss Is A Win
- Be In Alignment With The Forces of Nature
p.s. Are you a writer or inspiring writer?
p.p.s. Feel free to plug your literary works and/or ideas in the COMMENTS section below because we would LOVE to read all about it.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
For the sake of discussion say that you owned a nice functional barn in the middle of the country for whatever reason you would want to own a barn for. The only thing wrong with this barn is that it is rat ridden. You decide that you do not want to hire an exterminator so you drive into town to the closest general store and purchase the perfect amount of industrial strength rat poison that would be more than enough to take care of your situation. You pack the poison in your trunk or back of your truck and drive back to the country.
You pull up right in front of your barn, take the rat poison out of your vehicle and you start using your hands to consume as much rat poison as possible in an attempt to eradicate all of the rats that are residing in your barn. You are an intelligent person so let me as you a few questions:
Three Forgiving Steps To A Better Life
The moral of today's post is that holding on to resentment and anger and refusing to forgive another person is akin to a person consuming rat poison and expecting the rat to keel over.
Until we read again,
p.s. Thank you for forgiving me on misspelling the word "Forgiveness" in today's photo caption, I appreciate it.
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Some Say Divorce Is Worse Than Death
The Big D (Not Dallas)
Fast Forward To Today
Monday, June 23, 2014
".....Mommy Told Me All About You"
What Is Parental Alienation Syndrome?
Are You A Victim of PAS?
Here are two examples of PAS from my personal experience. This first message was sent to me by the girls mother on Father's day just moments after we got off of the telephone after discussing that day's pick up time.
|Text Sent By Mother On Father's Day|
|Unsolicited Text From Mother's Boyfriend|
This second message is out of order and sent from my daughter's mother's boyfriend a few days after I called the police with an Interference With Judicial Proceedings complaint because my ex and her boyfriend decided that the girls weren't going to hang out with me during my court-ordered parenting time because they didn't feel like it. What's curious about this fellow is that he abandoned his own son out of state and has refused to have a conversation with me about his role in my daughters lives for three years and counting.
What To Do If You're A Victim Of PAS?
"Battle Not With Monsters, Least Ye Become A Monster, and If You Stare Into The Abyss, the Abyss Gazes Also Into You"
Easier said than done, I know. However, this may lend more weight than most of the generic advice that you will hear from well-meaning family, friends and acquaintances because this is coming from someone who has lived and is currently living this and is telling you precisely how he wishes he would have acted had he had the opportunity to go back and do it all over.
p.p.s. You are also welcomed and encouraged to share your experiences below because your story may just help inspire another reader or awaken something within yourself.
Saturday, June 21, 2014
There Is Nothing Good Or Bad But Thinking Makes It So
- We used to watch full episodes in class when I was in the second grade
- I thought it was fascinating that LeVar Burton played the dude with funky specs on Star Trek: The Next Generation
Friday, June 20, 2014
Thursday, June 19, 2014
Why Some Folks Have More Success In Life?
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Why A Five Year Old Knows More About Goal Setting Than You Might
- Have a Clear Cut Objective>> Have a clear cut target, in my daughters case it was an Elsa wig.
- Positive Expectations >> Despite external circumstances and the harsh effects of cause and effect my daughter still persistently and continuously asked for the object of her desire until she achieved it.
- Engaged The Help Of Others >> My little gal got me to buy into purchasing the wig for her to the point where I was spending my spare time trying to track down one of these wigs. As a side note I even went as far as to obtain the number and call the Disney Stores at the theme parks to see if I can purchase and have the wig delivered. Unfortunately they were sold out as well. My daughter made it so I wanted to get her the wig almost as bad as she wanted to have it.
- Detach From Outcome >> "Let It Go" >> Enough Said
- Persistence >> Persistence pays