Friday, July 18, 2014

Obligatory Entitlement

What Do You Feel Obligated To Do?


The other day I was having a conversation with my friend Karen and we both arrived to the conclusion that we are not comfortable with the feeling of being obligated to do anything.    For those of you who have read any of my prior posts know my thoughts on "Should-Ing" , feel free to read by clicking on the following link.  Basically I think it's human nature to not want to feel like they should be doing something that they don't feel like doing and how it's not healthy to feel like things "should" be any different than they currently are. 

This leads to entitlement.    Now, I could write about the principle of entitlement or I can direct you to this fantastic well-written blog post I read by a woman by the name of  Jani Franck from the UK entitled "On Entitlement and the Stoics".   The entire post is great but pay close attention to her lists, her stance on relationships and the awesome thoughts of the stoic philosophers. 

Happy reading, and until next time please don't do anything that you feel "obligated" to do, unless you are truly obligated to do it. 

Until we read again, 

Jaxon

p.s.    Thank you for reading this post out of pure un-obligation. 
p.p.s.   "Today Was A Good Day" by Ice Cube just came over my music-mix.    Very fitting, very fitting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment