Thursday, July 3, 2014

Water Cooler Intentions

The Road To __________ Is Paved With Intentions

Who doesn't love a little water cooler chatter?   This past Tuesday I overheard two of my colleagues wishing one another a good third quarter.    One of the two was proudly professing how he had a great third quarter in 2013 and that was just a fluke and how this year was going to be terrible.

Fast forward to yesterday.   I was talking to a fellow before a meeting about how his name was in a raffle to win an all expenses paid trip for two to an awesome destination.  The guy proceeded to tell me how he never wins anything so he's not going to hold his breath.  I sincerely and directly told him something along the lines of how his luck is going to change and told him that I would send him some positive winning vibes.

About an hour later my pal ran up to me with the biggest most sincere smile on his face carrying a large novelty ticket.  "I Won, I Won" he exclaimed.   We shared a celebratory moment before proceeding with our day.

Moral of the story is I'm not saying that we can predict the future all I'm saying is that if our intentions may shape our destination why not wish for what we want versus what we don't want?    Try it, you might like it.

Until we read again,

Jaxon

p.s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment