Saturday, May 17, 2014

HASHTAG firstworldjoys

Over the course of the last few years the phenomena of the First World Problem / First World Pain, hereby FWP,  has been introduced into our culture.  A FWP is a petty annoyance that wouldn't be if we were living in a less developed county.

Now, FWPs are funny and a roundabout way of expressing gratitude, check out my earlier blog post on the topic, but are discussing FWPs really the best way to a happier life?

For approximately a week after my FWP post my days were riddled with an unusual amount of petty annoyances that I probably wouldn't rather have dealt with.  Did this have anything to do with my mini-obsession with FWPs or was it just a coincidence?  No one will ever no for sure.

One thing that's for certain is that when I began focusing on First World Joys, hereby FWJ, my life took an immediate step for the better. A FWJ is similar to a FWP in the sense that you are sharing something that happened to you however instead of attracting future problems you are attracting future happiness because of your evolved focus.

Some examples of FWJs could be:

°I found perfect parking at the shopping center today
°My kids said something super-duper funny today that had us laughing for hours
°Everyone was really nice to me today
°I found an awesome new blog today and I can't wait to read more

etc., I'm sure you get the picture.

Your mission if you choose to accept your own adventure this week is to start sharing and thinking about your FWJs versus your FWPs.

Until we read again,

Jaxon

p.s. WARNING: We are all familar with the "Misery Loves Company" types out there.  Be cautious when interacting with these folks because they despise hearing about good things happening to you or anyone else because in their paradigm of reality is that life sucks and happiness is fleeting.

p.p.s. Leave a comment because I am excited to see what you think.

p.p.p.s. #firstworldjoys

No comments:

Post a Comment